Nowadays, smartphones have become a necessity throughout the world. They play a significant role in almost every person’s life. They allow people to communicate at any time and store a lot of important data, pictures, videos, and memorable dates and notes. Thanks to developments in technology, smartphones help people to access the internet freely and find requested information easily. However, they also lead to side effects caused by smartphone addiction. As smartphones have become a very integral part of our lives, some people spend too much time using them. Last year, the Ministry of Science and ICT and the National Information Society Agency conducted a survey on 28,575 smartphone users aged 3 to 69. They announced that nearly one in five smartphone users are at dangerous usage levels. These people have trouble maintaining a normal life at home, school, or work because of their overuse of the device. Smartphone addiction was found to be more prevalent in boys and children who have working parents or a single breadwinner.
1. What are some helpful features offered by smartphones?
2. What is a side effect caused by smartphone addiction?
3. Smartphone addiction was found to be more prevalent in what groups?
1. How often do you use your smartphone in a day?
2. Do you believe you have an addiction to your phone?
3. Have you experienced any negative effects from using your smartphone?
4. Do you think smartphone addiction is a serious issue in society?