Disney will release a slew of movies in 2019 and the following year, and many of them are remakes of classic animated films. Among these remakes are Dumbo, Aladdin, The Lion King, and Mulan. The live-action adaptation of Dumbo will be released in March. The star-studded cast includes Colin Farrell, Eva Green, Danny DeVito, and Michael Keaton. Aladdin is coming to theaters this May. It stars Mena Massoud as Aladdin and Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine. The genie is played by Will Smith, who is noted for starring in several Hollywood blockbusters, including Independence Day and Men in Black.
The Lion King, which will open in July, is a mix of live action and CGI. Donald Glover is the voice of Simba, while R&B singer Beyonce is the voice of Nala. James Earl Jones, who lent his iconic voice to the original film, reprised his role as Mufasa in the remake. Disney’s live-action version of Mulan is set to open in theaters in 2020. Disney confirmed it was in the works in 2016. A year later, Liu Yifei joined the cast as the heroine of the film. Other actors include Utkarsh Ambudkar, Ron Yuan, Yoson An, Gong Li, Jason Scott Lee, and Jet Li.
Chris Hong Copy Editor
1. What are the titles of the films that will be released in 2019 and 2020?
2. Who's starring as the genie in Aladdin?
3. What do the four movies have in common other than that they are remakes?
1. Do you think casting expensive celebritis like Beyonce and Will Smith would pay off?
2. Why do you think Disney is making these remake films?
3. Which of these movies do you think will become the biggest hit?